Blind researcher and community leader seeks part-time administrative assistant.
Joshua Miele, Associate Director of The Smith-Kettlewell Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Low Vision and Blindness, is seeking a motivated and organized part-time administrative assistant with primary responsibilities in document preparation, event planning, and social media support.
Job Duties – In addition to related activities as required, the primary responsibilities of this position include:
· Management of online presence via website and social media
· Document editing and formatting
· Preparation of presentation materials
· Scheduling and meeting organizing
· Planning and logistical support for workshops, focus groups, and other events
Qualifications – The qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, as well as extremely strong skills in the following areas:
· Written and verbal communications
· Web and social media
· Microsoft Windows and Office proficiency
· Personal and professional organization
· Creative problem-solving
· Teamwork-oriented demeanor
· Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
· Reliability and dependability
Desired Skills – The ideal candidate will also possess background in one or more of the following areas:
· Visual design and aesthetics
· Science or engineering
· Arduino, Raspberry Pie, or similar hardware platforms
· Disability studies, accessibility, rehabilitation, or related fields
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals including applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.