The Fifteenth Annual Low Vision Rehabilitation Study Group. A two day event 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Past Event Date:Friday, February 7, 2020 - 8:30am to Saturday, February 8, 2020 - 4:00pm
Host:Dr. Donald Fletcher, Dr. August Colenbrander, and Dr. Tiffany Chan
Meeting room:Room 204 - Main Conference Room
Purpose: An informal gathering of clinicians/clinical researchers in low vision rehab
· share techniques
· brainstorm ideas for new treatments or investigations
· enjoy collegiality
Location: San Francisco, California
· Hosted by Dr. Don Fletcher, Dr. Gus Colenbrander, and Dr. Tiffany Chan
· sponsored by Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute (SKERI) and California Pacific Medical Center
· meeting is held at Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute – 2318 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA 94115
Rooms available at:
· Holiday Inn Golden Gate, Address: 1500 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109, Phone :
( 415) 441-4000. Rates should be ~ $200.00+ per night. The Hotel is within walking distance of Smith-Kettlewell and has great views.
· Kabuki Hotel, Address: 1625 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94115, Phone (415) 922-3200. Rates should be ~ $200 per night.
An old favorite now remodeled – close to SKERI and good restaurants on Fillmore St.
· Rodeway Inn – Civic Center, 860 Eddy Street, San Francisco CA 94109. Phone: (415) 474-4374. Basic accommodation. Rate
should be in the ~ $100.
· Uber from any of these hotels to the meeting for under $10
Dates: Feb 7 and Feb 8, 2020
· Friday and Saturday – 3 hour morning and afternoon discussion groups
· Fly in Thursday evening and out on Sunday. stay longer if you like, San Francisco is a magnificent city
Who is invited?
Anyone actively involved in vision rehabilitation
NOT for newcomers wanting to get started
(sorry – get your feet wet then join us)
Registration Fee: NONE (zero, no charge, $0.00 - what a deal!)
You find your way here, cover your hotel and food - that’s the cost of it
Contact Don Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org to save a spot for Friday/Saturday
Attire and Attitude: Informal - Neckties, degrees, affiliations, and stuffiness must be checked at the door.
· bring a case or technique to discuss
· no set agenda – we will divide the time between all comers
· if time allows we can discuss and solve all the problems facing the field
· divided into physician and therapist groups with some joint sessions
Promise: We won’t always agree but we’ll have a good time as a group that has a common interest/passion.