Announcing the Fourteenth Annual Meeting
Low Vision Rehabilitation Study Group
Purpose: An informal gathering of clinicians/clinical researchers in low vision rehab
· discuss problem cases
· share techniques
· brainstorm ideas for new treatments or investigations
· enjoy collegiality
Location: San Francisco, California
· hosted by Don Fletcher, Ron Cole, Gus Colenbrander, and Tiffany Chan
· sponsored by Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute (SKERI) and California Pacific Medical Center
· meeting is held at SKERI – 2318 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA 94115
· rooms available at
o Holiday Inn Golden Gate, Address: 1500 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109, Phone :( 415) 441-4000. Rates should be about $200 per night. Hotel is within walking distance of Smith-Kettlewell and has great views.
o Kabuki Hotel, Address: 1625 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94115, Phone (415) 922-3200. Rates should be about $200 per night. An old favorite now remodeled – close to SKERI and good restaurants on Fillmore St.
o Rodeway Inn – Civic Center, 860 Eddy Street, San Francisco CA 94109. Phone: (415)474-4374. Basic accommodation. Rate should be in the low $100s.
o Uber from any of these hotels to the meeting for under $10
Dates: Feb 1 and Feb 2, 2019
· Friday and Saturday – 3 hour morning and afternoon discussion groups
· fly in Thursday evening and out on Sunday
· stay longer if you like, San Francisco is a magnificent city
Who is invited?
· anyone actively involved in vision rehabilitation
· NOT newcomers wanting to get started
o (sorry – get your feet wet then join us)
Registration Fee: NONE (zero, no charge, $0.00 - what a deal!)
· you find your way here, cover your hotel and food - that’s the cost of it
· Contact Don Fletcher at email@example.com to save a spot for Friday/Saturday
Attire and Attitude: Informal
· Neckties, degrees, affiliations, and stuffiness must be checked at the door.
· no invited speakers
· bring a case or technique to discuss
· no set agenda – we will divide the time between all comers
· if time allows we can discuss and solve all the problems facing the field
· divided into physician and therapist groups with some joint sessions
Promise: We won’t always agree but we’ll have a good time as a group that has a